Pages

Sunday 8 December 2013

Day 39

This is day 39 since I stop topical steroids.
I think Sunday would be the best time to update.

Left face is getting more itchy and also having more flakes.

Right face is also becoming worse.


Left forehead is same

Right forehead is more itchy

Big toe starts to peel off. Should be good.

Right Leg appears more red

Left Leg decided to grow something.

Left leg still growing. Not sure if this is the final form yet.


So far, I'm still not sure whether I am having TSW since my eczema is mild and my usage of topical steroids is very minimal. I checked my last 2 creams.


Betnovate Cream (Betamethasone 0.025%)
Econazine Cream (Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%)

These 2 cream are around class 3 and class 4 only and I believe these steroids are still working for my skin if I do apply them. However I have read that it is still highly possible to be addicted to topical steroids even with mild steroids.

I saw that ITSAN has a checklist to find out whether you are TSW. Below are the questions

Were you diagnosed with eczema or some form of dermatitis?
Yes. A dermatologist diagnosed me with Seborrheic Dermatitis

Did you begin to treat your rash with the use of an overthecounter (OTC) or "weak" topical corticosteroid?
Yes. Triderm Cream, Dermacort Cream, Desonide Cream, Econazine Cream, Betnovate Cream

When you stop the creams, does your rash turn red, burn, or return and even start to spread?
Red a little bit. Definitely no burning (so far)
Yes, Eczema always returns.
Yes, it start to spread.

Did your physician write you stronger & stronger prescriptions? Did those stop working
too?
I never return back to the same doctor more than twice so I guess my creams are all mild. I remember Desonide became useless. But I believe Econazine and Betnovate creams is still working for my skin if I use them.

Did the eczema then begin to spread, get worse, and become chronic?
Yes, it slowly get worse throughout the years.

Do you now have erythema (redness) occurring in small or larger areas of the body?
Redness is not obvious for my mild condition.

Is your redness accompanied by a burning sensation?
No burning at all. It's mainly itching.

It seems like TSW usually have red and burning skin. Burning skin is something I definitely don't have and probably will never have. But my eczema is certainly spreading and the itchiness is currently my worse. Maybe what I'm having now is still considered as TSW but in a very mild form? Well, I'm only Day 39 now so I still got a long way to find out in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment